We always welcome your thoughts on the services we offer. A suggestion box is situated in reception for you to ‘drop in’ your comments or you may speak to a member of staff.
Patient Rights And Responsibilities
You will be treated with respect and as a partner in your care. Being a partner means you have responsibilities too.
- Ensure our patients have 24-hour access to medical advice.
- Aim for you to have access to a suitably qualified medical professional at the next available appointment or in an urgent case, the same day with any clinician
- Work in partnership with you to achieve the best medical care possible.
- Involve you and listen to your opinions and views in all aspects of your medical care.
- The prevention of disease, illness and injury is a primary concern. The medical staff will advise and inform you of the steps you can take to promote good health and a healthy lifestyle.
We would respectfully ask that you:
- Let us know if you intend to cancel an appointment or are running late.
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect. Reception staff may have to ask some personal questions to assist us in providing you with the best service.
- Inform the practice staff of any alterations in your circumstances, such as change of surname, address or telephone number. Please ensure that we have your correct telephone number, even if it’s ex-directory.
As patients, you are responsible for your own health and that of any dependants. It is important that you adhere to information and advice given to you by health professionals, and co-operate with the practice in endeavouring to keep you healthy.
We have an in-house complaints procedure that meets national criteria. Should you ever wish to make a complaint, please call or write to our practice manager or to one of the doctors.
Confidentiality is essential to maintain the trust between patients and doctors. Doctors hold information about patients which is private and sensitive. Patients therefore have a right to expect that information about them is held in confidence by their doctors and will not be given to others without their consent.
Please be assured that information we hold about you will be treated with the strictest confidence.